In order to ensure that you’re able to connect to EsperRO successfully, you’ll need to go through a few steps before you’re able to log in to the game and start playing. This guide will help you successfully install EsperRO on your computer – as well as help you through any errors you may encounter in connecting through our Frequently Asked Questions & Troubleshooting section. We’re happy that you’ve chosen to become a part of our community and look forward to seeing you in-game!
EsperRO should run on almost any modern PC. Ragnarok Online does not run on a visually-intense 3D platform, and the requirements for your computer should be fairly easy. The basic system specifications are as follows:
Operating System: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
CPU: Intel Pentium III / AMD Athlon MP
Memory: 128 MB
Hard Disk: 2GB
Monitor Resolution: 640 x 480
Video Card: AMD Radeon Xpress 1200 Series or NVIDIA GeForce 6200 LE
Sound Card: DirectSound Compatible / 3D Sound Effect Support
Operation: Keyboard / Mouse
Internet: 56k modem or faster
Please note that a speaker/headphone must generally be plugged in to start the client. Also, the higher your RAM and video card’s performance are, the smoother the game will run. Also, the greater your connection speed and bandwidth are, the better your connection to EsperRO will be (including connection to the server, reduction of in-game latency, etc.).
For Apple Mac & Linux Users: please note that Ragnarok Online is designed for Windows Operating Systems, and thus is not fully supported on OSx and Linux operating systems. You may have some luck running EsperRO on a Windows emulator, such as WinE or Boot Camp, to load the game. Accordingly, EsperRO may not function properly on a Mac or Linux-based computer.
Creating Your Account
The following steps will ensure that you have a successful download, installation, and connection to the server. If you encounter any problems along the way, be sure to visit the FAQ & Troubleshooting section of this guide to help solve your installation and connection issues.
Step One: Register a Master and Game Account with EsperRO
Getting an account on EsperRO is a simple process. You will need to set up the following two accounts in order to play:
- The first is your master account. This account keeps everything related to EsperRO in one place - including your access to the forums.
- The second is your game account. This is what you'll use to sign into EsperRO when you're ready to play and get into the world of Midgard.
Before we get too much further, there are a couple of very important things to note!
- You're only allowed to have one master account per person.
- You can have up to ten (10) game accounts on your master account.
Sign up for your master account
Signing up for your master / forum account is easy! Let's walk through the steps:
- Visit our Registration Page and click on the button marked REGISTER.
- From there, follow all of the steps and rules.
- Confirm your master account with your email address.
That's all there is to it! Once you're set with your master account and you've logged into it, we're ready for the second part!
Sign up for your game account
Once you're signed in with your master account, you'll now have access to EsperRO's forum. This remarkable one-stop location serves all of your account needs, including being able to use our databases, view rankings, vote, and much more!
- Login to your account and click on MANAGE ACCOUNTS and then click on the button marked CREATE A GAME ACCOUNT.
- From the Game Account Creation page, select a username for your game account, as well as a password, the gender of the characters you would like for this account to represent (male or female), and your birth-date (for account security purposes only).
- Confirm these details, and then you'll have your first game account!
That was just as easy as the first step! You can do this up to ten (10) times while signed into your master account - but don't forget that each game account can hold up to 12 characters. That's up to 120 characters at your disposal!
To play EsperRO, you'll need to download a copy of the game client. This is free and will always be free, of course! You can obtain the files you need with your choice of downloads from the Download Page :
- The Full Client Installer, which has everything you need all in one package. If you're completely new to EsperRO, or need a fresh copy, you'll want this file.
- The Small Client Installer, which is good if you have an old copy of EsperRO or Ragnarok Sakray installed and need to just obtain EsperRO's files.
Select the file you need, download the package, then install EsperRO into a new, clean folder! After that, be sure to run the patcher to get all of the latest data:
- EsperRO Patcher.exe - this is your main gateway into the world of EsperRO. Use this patcher every time you want to sign into EsperRO. You'll automatically get important updates along the way as well.
After that, you're ready to go into the world of Midgard! Have your game account credentials ready - you'll enter those in from the login screen! After that, you'll be able to make your very own first character on EsperRO, and be able to dive right in as a new Novice into our training ground, Poring Island!